- Fine Artworks - Paintings & Etchings
- David Smith-Harrison
- 69 Palms II, 18/200, Framed
69 Palms II, 18/200, Framed
In this second edition of 69 Palms, Smith-Harrison added additional plates to explore new tonal values. The inspiration for this image comes from an ongoing fascination with palm trees and a short trip to Cuba. Architectural ornamentation is from a mosque in Cordoba, Spain. The strange little icon of the eye with an emerging tongue pierced by a dagger is an image on a sign on a small house in the fishing village of Cojimar outside of Havana. The meaning is unknown.
- Rare edition print. Single print available. Framed.
- Medium: Multiple plate Intaglio Etching on Somerset White Paper
- Edition Size: AP-6 (original edition size: 200)
- Image Size: 9.25" x 8"
- Paper Size: 18" x 15"
- Frame Size: 21" x 20"